Essential Self-Care for Hospice Professionals
At each stage, but especially during the days, hours, and final moments during which we count breaths-and the pauses between them-hospice nurses play a role unlike any other.
This is not a career, this is a calling, requiring the ability to:
- Evaluate the needs of patients and families in a gentle, forthright manner.
- Be present without being intrusive.
- Avoid being pulled into family conflicts.
- Be a calm presence in a turbulent sea of emotions.
- Let your heart be open, while knowing your role is precious, but fleeting.
It takes a special person to do this, which is why self-care and replenishment are vitally important.
WHAT ABOUT YOU? Essential Self-Care for Hospice Professionals acknowledges the unique gifts and demands inherent in providing hands-on end of life support, through exercises designed to encourage personal sharing and sustainable strategies that enable long-term success in this vitally important role.
For info on scheduling customized keynotes and workshops CONTACT